Saturday, April 5, 2008

Have sketchbook, will travel


Travelling equipment- I use A5 hardbacked sketchbooks with good quality cartridge paper, a tiny W&N watercolour set, 3 travelling brushes, a set of Derwent Inktense pencils, 2B pencil, sepia fine liner, rubber, pencil sharpener - and that's it. If I am travelling really light I leave the Inktense pencils behind. The three sketchbooks in the picture went round the world on the Saltwaterdreaming journey. They were looked through by Park Rangers on Easter Island, the Ice Pilot in Antarctica, Solomon Islanders and all sorts of other people in between. When I packed a 'grab bag' after the April 2nd 2007 earthquake and tsunami in the Solomons it contained my passport, wallet, sketchbooks and paints. Nothing else mattered!

2 comments:

elisataufik said...

wow. this is so inspiring.
I am going to start making a drawing travel kit just like yours for my kids :)
(and maybe me too)

saltwaterdreaming said...

Thsnks so much!!!